Practicing archery is a fantastic way to build confidence, make new friends, and most importantly unplug from computers/tablets/video games.
For those new to archery, Gotham Archery offers a package Introductory Class complete with bow rental and instruction. Our Range Safety Officers will walk you through every step of the way so that you enjoy every minute of your new hobby.
Our $40 Intro Class ($35 if booked online) runs for one hour+ and includes:
- Introductory lesson by one of our USA Archery certified instructors
- Equipment rental (for entire visit)
- 45 minutes of line time, additional time may be purchased if available
If your skills are solid and you've been arch'ing for a while, Gotham Archery offers the option to try and test out of the basic archery form portion of the Intro Class (safety and rules is still required) and go straight to flinging arrows. Simply:
- Inform your instructor you'd like to test out
- Place an additional $20 on the table
- Demonstrate a grouping @ 10y (6" for compound, 8" for Oly Recurve, 10" barebow)
- Practice with safe form (no fingers floating/touching trigger, no sky draws, etc)
- Successful demonstration means your $20 is returned and you get an extra 30 minutes of practice
- Failure to demonstrate means your $20 is donated directly to a 501c3 charity of our choice and you take basic archery form
BOOK AN INTRO CLASS TODAY
Our goal is to provide a fun and enjoyable archery experience for all. Arriving after the class start time and late cancellations cause disruptions by impeding our staff's ability to ensure the class runs smoothly and is respectful of all participant's time.
We would like to remind you of our policy regarding missed appointments, cancellations, and reschedules. This policy enables us to prepare all equipment for the class, ensuring we start on time with respect to all guests.
Rescheduling Your Appointment
There are no refunds. If you are unable to attend a scheduled class, we require that you call the range at 718-858-5060 or email email@example.com. Reschedules are as follows:
- If notified less than 24 hours in advance but more than 6 hours before the class start time, there is a $10 per person rescheduling fee, also for a weekday class ONLY.
- If notified less than 6 hours of your class time (or if you give us no notice at all), we are unable to accommodate--no reschedules, credits, or refunds.
As mentioned above, there are no credits, reschedules, or refunds for anyone that does not attend a scheduled class without notifying the range within the rescheduling window. If you arrive more than 5 minutes past the start of the class, you will be deemed a "No-Show."
(It is managements discretion to accommodate late arrivals, we will do our best to catch you up toe the class if it does not disrupt other guests.)